HISTORY OF BLUFF CITY ELECTRONICS
Bluff City was begun in 1938 by Alfred L. Cowles, Sr., and John H. Viser, Jr, as a partnership in a small store on Union Avenue in Memphis, TN, serving the ham and radio trade. In 1954, we moved to East Street and the Company was incorporated. In 1978, we moved to larger quarters at 3339 Fontaine Road.
During those years, Bluff City has opened many distribution centers in the outer fringes of our trade territory to serve the ever expanding electronics field. We also have products and personnel to serve almost every facet of electronic interest:
Industrial Automation, Radio, Broadcast, Commercial, Consumer, Sound, Video, Computer and Hobby.
We carry approximately 25,000 different electronic items in stock, representing approximately 300 manufacturers. We sell this merchandise primarily by personal contact through our outside sales force. We were the first electronics distributor in the Mid-South, and thanks to our customers, have held the top position in sales for 60 years.